Skip the technology headaches. You have business to do.
We are in an age where businesses can not survive very long without using information and technology. If you are not prepared to have reports within your reach, and if you are not ready to respond to customers in time, things might change. Technology plays a vital role in today’s business and together with the correct information, you will be ready to face the future.
A website or a CRM or an ERP?
Would you say a website is important for your business or a CRM or an ERP? The answer would be.. it depends. If you are a small business with an existing group of clients and doing well without a website, you know how much more you will benefit by using a website.
Why does a business need a website?
There are several advantages but to list a few,
- they work as your marketing agent 24/7 across the globe… without any sick leaves or travel reimbursement
- allows your client to get in touch with you any time of the day, any day
- becomes an easy and low cost approach to increase references which is crucial to any business
- and if you are selling, you have a 24/7 sales team if you sold online
Does every business need a CRM?
CRM is a powerful tool to organize your contacts. Not only business, even an individual can use CRM to effectively manage his friendship and relationships. Few things a CRM like Vtiger can do are,
- organize your contacts, define your own goals to expand your network or customer base
- plan marketing campaigns and calculate returns on the investment (ROI)
- keep a history of your communications with the clients for future use and to tailor your offerings for the client
Is ERP for everyone?
NO! ERP is not for everyone. Well, but if you’d prefer wasting most of your time learning technology and following procedures that is way too much for your small business, please go ahead and use an ERP solution like OpenERP or Oodo. Things to remember:
- while the name ERP might be fascinating, it is a whole lot of junk if your business process is comparatively smaller
- there is a very long learning curve before you can start using it
- configuration and integration as per your business requirement is not going to be easy
While there are many things that can be discussed about how to get the best out of technology we have only discussed three most commonly used solutions in small businesses. If you’d like to know more or discuss how we can help your small business with information and technology, leave a message below and we will get back to you at the earliest.