In a world with start-up culture all around, there is an increase in new small businesses every day. Every small business has a lot of challenges due to massive competition and innovations. They are forced to keep the pace up or exit the game. This means that small businesses must adapt to changes in technology and be innovative in every aspect of the business.
The only way to success would be to adapt to the new innovations and technology. It is not very easy to adapt to new technology and there are challenges that keeps small businesses away. Here three crucial challenges to any small business.
- Time: There is always little time to waste. Trial and error is not a term that can be used easily by a small business.
- Resource: Getting a talented resource is a challenge. More so in retaining them.
- Budget: Small businesses usually have a limited budget. There is not a lot of room for lavish expenses. One must be keen to know what they are spending on and how to cut costs.
Uses of AWS
Amazon Web Services or AWS has a lot to offer for small businesses. There are a variety of services that can match the requirements of any small business. Here are a few uses of Amazon Web Services for small businesses.
- EC2 – Create your own virtual server and host your website with no limits on the disk size like on any shared hosting
- Auto scaling – If you might become popular overnight, how are you going to handle the traffic to your website? Scale automatically and accept traffic with no limits!
- VPC – Create your own cloud. Make it private or public. Connect through VPN. Secure your infrastructure.
- S3 – File storage – Secure backups to remote location.
- SES – Send your marketing emails through AWS for a higher success rate and ROI. Manage your bounces and replies.
- Workspaces – Virtual desktop service to take your desktop wherever you go and access from almost any device.
With AWS you save a lot of time that would otherwise go for installation, configuration and maintenance of hardware and applications. If you wanted a virtual desktop as you will always be on the field, it just takes a few minutes to launch one and start using it. This saves a lot of time in comparison with the traditional way of setting up a virtual desktop that include setting up hardware, virtualization, installation of guest OS and all the other maintenance.
You can hire expert resources to manage your AWS infrastructure. Companies like us offer AWS consultation and management at an affordable and reasonable cost. For example, at Consign IT we not only offer support for AWS infrastructure but also provide you complete tech support for any third party applications – like WordPress, cPanel, VyOS, Tally.ERP 9, Outlook, Google Apps, etc.
This is a huge value addition for any small business. You only pay for what you use, making it very cost effective for the quality of services you receive. Consider you have a few files to share with your client. You don’t have to invest a huge sum on hardware and applications. You don’t have to pay a monthly subscription. You just use, and pay for what you use. If you wanted to use it only for a few days, just pay for those days and not for an entire month.
The World is changing. If you want to be successful in your small business, you have to adapt to the changes, or just exit the race. With cloud, IoT, Big Data and other new technologies, I think it is time you upgrade your business today. AWS is the right choice as it is the World’s leading cloud service provider with a huge chunk of services to offer. Leave your comments below to tell us what you think. Contact us if you would like to discuss migrations to AWS or if you need any assistance in deciding to move.